Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Challenge: Asiago Cheese & Onion Braid

This wasn't the first new recipe of the week, but I didn't take pictures of it and I sure didn't have this blog set up yet. So, we'll just pretend like the braid is the newbie for the week. I wonder how much of the recipe I can post legally... It came from a Pillsbury book that you'd get from the checkout line. I usually end up changing any recipe one way or another. Anyways, back to business. Basically, it's caramelized onion seasoned with thyme wrapped in a pre-made pizza crust with asiago cheese. I made this to go along with cabbage soup, which uses swiss cheese. P.S. I absolutely devour this soup every time I make it. Oh so delish! Since I already had the swiss cheese, I went ahead and used that for the filling. I figured it would go ok.



So, first recipe! I think it was a winner. And, I think I realized I do not like thyme seasoning. It just doesn't work out quite so well for me. Any suggestions? ...Maybe it would be good with some diced chicken in it. Oooh! Ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment